Wladimir Klitschko ’50-50′ on Anthony Joshua rematch

Posted on

Wladimir Klitschko is “50-50” on taking up his option of a rematch with Anthony Joshua, according to his promoter Tom Loeffler.

Joshua got off the floor to stop Klitschko in a heavyweight epic at Wembley Stadium in April and is waiting to hear if the 41-year-old former world champion fancies another crack.

Eddie Hearn has lined up Kubrat Pulev as an alternative next opponent for Joshua but told Sky Sports this month the rematch “is happening unless we are told otherwise.”

Loeffler, speaking to Sky Sports News HQ on Monday, said: “Wladimir hasn’t made a decision.

“If he retires on that fight, he had such a great run in the heavyweight division there’ll be no better way to go out. That was just a tremendous fight

“I really think it’s 50-50. Every time I talk to him it’s almost like he’s torn both ways. We’ll naturally support him either way he decides. If he decides to take the rematch that’s one the fans will look forward to”

Joshua said last week his future targets include Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder, while light-heavyweight king Andre Ward has hinted he may step up to challenge the IBF and WBA ‘Super’ champion.

Facebook Comments

comments